This comprehensive guide provides detailed information on visa-free countries for Pakistani passport holders in 2023, as well as visa-on-arrival options and eVisa facilities available to Pakistani nationals. Discover the countries that offer visa-free access, the requirements for entry, and other essential details you need to know before your journey.
To make you even more happy, I will include Australian & New Zealand online visa information as well in this article if you are planning to visit those countries. 🙂
Discover Visa-Free Travel Options for Pakistani Citizens in 2023: Your Ultimate Guide to Visa-Free Countries, Visa-on-Arrival, and eVisa Facilities for Pakistani Passport Holders.
Pakistani Passport Ranking in 2023
The Pakistani passport is commonly referred to as the “green passport” and is ranked as the 4th worst passport for international travel. According to the Henley Passport Index, in 2023, the Pakistani passport is ranked 109th and allows visa-free access to 31 countries.
It’s important to note that the ranking has improved since 2006 when it was ranked 79th. Pakistani passport holders can visit these 31 countries either without a visa or through visa-on-arrival arrangements, excluding eVisa countries.
Visa-Free Countries for Pakistani Passport Holders in 2023
Visa-free countries allow Pakistani passport holders to enter for tourist purposes without requiring a visa in advance. Upon arrival, there is no need to obtain a visa; simply proceed directly to the immigration counter where your passport will be stamped for entry.
Here is the updated list of visa-free countries for Pakistani passport holders in 2023, as published by the Henley Passport Index. These countries are often referred to as Pakistan’s visa-free destinations:
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad & Tobago
- The Cook Islands
Let’s explore these visa-free countries in more detail:
- Dominica [Visa-free for 180 days] Dominica is a mountainous Caribbean island country known for its stunning natural beauty, including hot beaches and tropical rainforests. The capital city is Roseau, and the dialing code is +767. The official currency of Dominica is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar, and the language spoken is Dominican Creole French.
- Haiti [Visa-free for 90 days] Haiti is a Caribbean country that shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican Republic. Its capital is Port-au-Prince, and the dialing code is +509. The official currency is the Haitian Gourde, and the languages spoken are Haitian Creole and French.
- Micronesia [Visa-free for 30 days] Micronesia is a country located in the western Pacific Ocean, consisting of more than 600 islands. The four island states of Micronesia are Pohnpei, Kosrae, Chuuk, and Yap. The capital is Palikir, and the dialing code is +691. The official currency is the United States Dollar.
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines [Visa-free for 30 days] Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is a southern Caribbean country comprising the main island of St. Vincent and a chain of smaller islands. The capital city is Kingstown. The dialing code is +784, and the currency is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar.
- Trinidad & Tobago [Visa-free for 90 days] Trinidad & Tobago is a Caribbean country located near Venezuela, known for its diverse Creole cultures and cuisines. The smaller island of Tobago is famous for its beautiful beaches and the Tobago Main Ridge Forest Reserve, home to hummingbirds. The capital city is Port of Spain, and the dialing code is +868. The official currency is the Trinidad & Tobago Dollar.
- Vanuatu [Visa-free for 30 days] Vanuatu is a South Pacific Ocean nation composed of 80 islands spread over 1,300 kilometers. The country offers exceptional scuba diving experiences with coral reefs, underwater caverns, and wrecks. The capital city is Port Vila, and the dialing code is +678. The official currency is the Vanuatu vatu.
- Cook Islands [Visa-free for 30 days] The Cook Islands is a nation located in the South Pacific with political ties to New Zealand. The capital of the Cook Islands is Avarua District, and the dialing code is +682. The official currencies are the New Zealand Dollar and the Cook Islands Dollar. The Cook Islands allow Pakistani nationals to stay visa-free for one month for tourism purposes, with the option to extend the stay for more than 30 days.
- Niue [Visa-free for 30 days] Niue is a small island nation situated in the South Pacific Ocean, northeast of New Zealand. It is known for its impressive limestone cliffs and coral reef dive sites. The capital is Alofi, and the dialing code is +683. The official currency is the New Zealand Dollar.
Tourists can enjoy a visa-free stay in Niue for up to 30 days. Please note that the Niue immigration charges $80 as a departure tax for every tourist. You can reach Niue via New Zealand.
- Montserrat [Visa-free for 180 days] Montserrat is a mountainous Caribbean island located in the West Indies and is a British Overseas Territory. The capital city is Plymouth, Brades. The dialing code is +1, and the currency is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar.
Montserrat allows visa-free entry to Pakistani passport holders, as well as citizens from other countries.
Visa-on-Arrival for Pakistani Passport Holders
Visa-on-arrival (VOA) means that Pakistani passport holders can obtain a visa upon arrival at their destination. Simply proceed to the designated visa counter, apply, and pay for the visa, which will be affixed to your passport before going through immigration.
Before traveling, make sure to have enough cash in US Dollars, passport-size photos, a return ticket or onward journey ticket, and proof of accommodation.
The following countries offer visa-on-arrival for Pakistani passport holders:
- Benin (8 Days)
- Cambodia (Visa on arrival/eVisa for 30 days)
- Cape Verde (Visa on arrival for 30 days)
- Comoros (Visa on arrival for 45 days)
- Guinea-Bissau (Visa on arrival/eVisa for 90 days)
- Kenya (Visa on arrival/eVisa for 90 days)
- Madagascar (Visa on arrival/eVisa for 90 days)
- Maldives (Visa on arrival for 30 days)
- Mozambique (Visa on arrival for 30 days)
- Nepal (Visa on arrival for 90 days without any fees)
- Palau (Visa on arrival for 30 days)
- Qatar (Visa-free for 30 days)
- Rwanda (Visa on arrival/eVisa for 30 days)
- Samoa (Visa on arrival for 30 days)
- Seychelles (Visa on arrival for 90 days)
- Somalia (Visa on arrival for 30 days)
- Timor-Leste (Visa on arrival for 30 days)
- Togo (Visa on arrival for 7 days)
- Tuvalu (Visa on arrival for 30 days)
- Uganda (Visa on arrival/eVisa)
Please note that each country may have specific entry requirements in addition to the visa, such as a valid passport with at least 6 months of validity, a photograph, a return ticket, proof of accommodation, and sufficient funds for your stay.
eVisa for Pakistani Passport Holders
In recent years, some countries have introduced eVisa systems for Pakistani passport holders, providing a convenient way to obtain a visa online before traveling. The eVisa process can save time and effort.
Each country has its own requirements for obtaining an eVisa, but generally, you will need to submit a scanned copy of your passport and a photograph.
Here is a list of countries that offer eVisa services to Pakistani passport holders:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Sri Lanka
To apply for an eVisa, you can visit the official website of the respective country and follow the application process. With just a few clicks, you can conveniently apply for your visa from the comfort of your own home.
Entry Requirements before Traveling
For countries that offer visa-on-arrival, visa-free entry, or eVisa options for Pakistani passport holders, it is important to fulfill general entry requirements. These requirements typically include:
- Valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity
- Recent photograph
- Proof of return ticket
- Hotel booking confirmation
- Adequate funds for your stay
It is crucial to note that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your planned departure date.
Australian & New Zealand Online Visa for Pakistani Passport Holders
If you’re considering destinations beyond the above mentioned countries and have Australia or New Zealand on your bucket list, there’s good news for Pakistani citizens. You can now apply for an online visa to visit these incredible countries.
Australia Online Visa for Pakistani Citizens
If you hold a valid Pakistani passport, you have the opportunity to apply for an Australian visitor visa online. I have personally experienced this process and shared my journey in a detailed article, which you can find at the end of this post.
New Zealand Online Visa for Pakistani Citizens
Similar to Australia, Pakistani citizens can also obtain a New Zealand visa online. The visa requirements for New Zealand are quite similar to those of the Australian visitor visa.
(Keep in mind that biometrics are mandatory for both Australian and New Zealand visas.)
Feel free to check out my article for a step-by-step guide on obtaining an Australian visitor visa.
List of Visa-On-Arrival, Visa-Free, and E-Visa Countries for Pakistani Passport Holders
This comprehensive list encompasses all countries that offer visa-free access, eVisa services, or visa-on-arrival facilities for Pakistani passport holders. It is essential to familiarize yourself with the entry requirements and specific conditions of each country before planning your trip.
Please take note of the following crucial details when it comes to international travel and visa requirements for Pakistani passport holders. Understanding perplexity and burstiness is vital for generating engaging and diverse written content.
Important Visa Considerations:
When embarking on your travel plans, it is imperative to be aware that certain countries do not offer visa-free access or visa on arrival for Pakistani passport holders. Therefore, if you intend to visit Benin, Bolivia, Cape Verde, Djibouti, Mozambique, or Tanzania, it is essential to obtain a visa in advance.
Visa Opportunities for Pakistani Passport Holders:
Additionally, it is worth mentioning that if you possess a valid US visa, you have the option to obtain a Turkey eVisa. Furthermore, if you are traveling with a valid US visa, you can also acquire a visa upon arrival in Georgia.
Don’t Forget to Share: Lastly, we kindly request you to share this valuable information on social media platforms. Sharing is caring, and it helps spread awareness among fellow travelers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Visa-Free, Visa on Arrival, and eVisa Countries for Pakistani Passport Holders:
Q: How many countries offer visa-free access to Pakistani passport holders?
A: According to the Henley Passport Index, individuals holding Pakistani passports can travel to 31 countries without the need for a visa or visa on arrival.
Q: Which countries grant visa-free entry to Pakistani passport holders?
A: Pakistani passport holders enjoy visa-free access to nine countries, including Dominica, Haiti, Montserrat, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Cook Island, Micronesia, Niue, and Vanuatu.
Q: Which countries provide visas on arrival for Pakistani citizens?
A: Pakistani citizens have the opportunity to obtain visas on arrival in 31 countries. Please refer to the table below for a comprehensive list of these countries.
Table: Countries Offering Visa on Arrival for Pakistani Citizens
To ensure a smooth departure, it’s important to have a few essential documents and items in place. These include a confirmed hotel booking or the address of your accommodation, a return flight ticket, and sufficient funds to meet the requirements, as they might be requested at the airport before your departure.
Please note that this information is subject to change, and it is always recommended to verify the latest visa requirements before making any travel plans.
Q: Is Qatar a visa-free country for Pakistan?
A: Yes, Qatar offers visa-free entry to Pakistani passport holders. Individuals with a Pakistan passport can stay in Qatar for a period of up to 30 days without the need for a visa. It is important to note that the visa is provided free of cost, eliminating the need for any additional fees or charges.
Q: Is Turkey visa-free for Pakistani passport holders?
A: No, Turkey does not currently grant visa-free access to Pakistani passport holders. However, individuals with a Pakistani passport can obtain an eVisa for Turkey if they possess a valid US visa. The eVisa allows travelers to enter Turkey for various purposes such as tourism, business, or transit. It is essential to have a valid US visa when applying for the eVisa.
My Closing Thoughts
Please keep in mind that visa policies can change over time, so it is advisable to consult official sources or contact the respective embassy or consulate of the destination country for the latest and most accurate visa information.
Again, keep in mind that the information provided is accurate as of 2023, but it is always recommended to double-check the latest updates and requirements from official government sources or embassies.
Traveling the world is an exciting adventure, and with the visa options available to Pakistani passport holders, you can explore various destinations hassle-free. Bon voyage! 🙂
If you liked this blog and it was helpful to you, then why not share it with your friends & family.
Or, if you really wanna be extra sweet, then support me by subscribing to my YouTube channel, and leaving your valuable comments under my videos.
For more travel-related information, you can subscribe to this travel blog website by simply entering your email address to get a notification upon publishing a new blog. The subscribe box you can see on the right side of this page. Also if you get an alert on your web browser while viewing my site, allow it and that will also give you an alert on your web browser whenever I publish a new blog 🙂
You might like to read this also:
How to Apply for Australia Tourist Visa Online
The 3 Biggest Reasons Why Pakistani Passport is Invalid for Israel
Do Not Visit Takht-i-Bahi In Mardan Pakistan If You Want To Do This
Malam Jabba, Paradise on Earth, a Hill Station and ski resort in Pakistan
50 Interesting Facts About Pakistan
Traveling with the green ( ?? ) passport ?
Take only memories✈️leave only footprints?
Stay safe & much love!❤️